Main Content Section
Accelerated Track for LPNs
The Associate Degree Nursing Program at Mississippi Delta Community College offers an option for Licensed Practical Nurses to complete the RN program in 12 months by enrolling in an accelerated track.
- Current, unencumbered license as an LPN in the state of Mississippi
- ACT score of 16 or above
- Taken an entrance exam
- Completion of the following courses with a C average (2.0) or above:
- Anatomy and Physiology I & II (BIO 2513/2511 & 2523/2521) within the last 5 years
- Nutrition (FCS 1253)
- Microbiology (BIO 2923/2921) within the last 5 years
- Have no more than 9 hours of other non-nursing courses to complete
- Acceptable criminal background check, as required by Mississippi State Law
- Satisfactory pre-admission physical exam and drug screen
- One academic (from LPN instructor) and one personal reference form
- Applicants into the LPN Accelerated Track are subject to the admission requirements as listed under "Requirements for Admission."
Qualified LPNs who are admitted to the Accelerated Track Program will take a summer accelerated track course. After successfully completing the summer course, the student may enter the sophomore class the following fall semester.
Refer to the MDCC Catalog/Student Handbook for Accelerated Track Curriculum.
When the application is available, the link located below will open the application PDF. Application packets are available in November. During the months of March through October, information may be reviewed on the website. Applications will only be available November through February.
Call Traci Beckham, ADN Chair, at 662-246-6415 to discuss eligibility questions or other concerns.
Our generic, 2-year RN program is also available to LPNs as well as other interested individuals.