Main Content Section
Phi Beta Lambda
Phi Beta Lambda is an association for all business majors to create future interest in the field of business. It is the collegiate organization of Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA).
The purpose of Phi Beta Lambda is to develop career competencies for business and office occupations and business teacher education. In addition, PBL promotes a sense of civic and personal responsibility.
2018-19 Phi Beta Lambda Officers
2018-19 Phi Beta Lambda members
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work
- Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects which contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism
- Encourage and practice efficient money management
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals
- Facilitate the transition from school to work
Why Should I Join?
- Phi Beta Lambda is an excellent way to show your future employer that you are interested in professional organizations. This looks great on your resume.
- Membership in PBL will enhance your leadership skills while allowing you to interact with local business leaders.
- There is nothing like the feeling derived from helping with a community service project. MDCC's PBL Chapter has 2-3 projects per year.
- PBL invites guest speakers who can offer insight as to what will be expected of you as a future employee.
- PBL will help build your business character.
PBL meetings are generally held once a month.
Dues are $25 per year.
Members may enter a competitive event at the annual state conference. A member may compete in one of the following categories:
Accounting Principles, Business Communication, Business Law, Computer Applications, Computer Concepts, Desktop Publishing, Economics, Impromptu Speaking, Job Interview, Network Design, Multimedia Presentation, Public Speaking, Telecommunications, Website Development, Word Processing
The Phi Beta Lambda Creed
I believe education is the right of every person.
I believe the future depends on mutual understanding and cooperation among business,
industry, labor, religious, family, and educational institutions, as well as people around the world.
I agree to do my utmost to bring about understanding and cooperation among all of these groups.
I believe every person should prepare for a useful occupation and carry on that occupation
manner that brings the greatest good to the greatest number.
I believe every person should actively work toward improving social, political, community,
and family life.
I believe every person has the right to earn a living at a useful occupation and that
right should not be denied because of race, color, creed, sex, or handicap.
I believe every person should take responsibility for carrying out assigned tasks
in a manner
that brings credit to self, associates, school, and community.
I believe I have the responsibility to work efficiently and to think clearly. I promise
my abilities to make the world a better place for everyone.