Main Content Section
Requirements for Admission
Legal Limitations for Employment as a RT:
According to the Mississippi State Law, an individual may not be eligible for employment in a health care agency if the person has ever been convicted of a felony or pleaded guilty to, or pleaded nolo contendere to a felony of possession or sale of drugs, murder, manslaughter, armed robbery, rape, sexual battery, sex offense listed in Section 45-33-23(h), child abuse, arson, grand larceny, burglary, gratification of lust or aggravated assault, of felonious abuse and/or battery of a vulnerable adult.
All applicants should be aware of the other eligibility requirements to write the ARRT licensing exam by reviewing the eligibility requirements at www.arrt.org or contacting the ARRT at (651) 687-0048.
Graduates must apply to the Mississippi Board of Radiologic Health for licensure to practice as a Registered Radiographer in the state of Mississippi.
- meet all general admission requirements for MDCC.
- be a high school graduate or have a satisfactory High School Equivalency score (GED or HiSET).
- have a minimum ACT score of 18 (15 if taken before October 28, 1989) if entering college for the first time OR a minimum ACT score of 16 to17 (12 to 14 if taken before October 28, 1989) and have completed at least 12 semester hours with a “C” average or better in courses approved by the RT program.
- take the TEAS entrance test at the applicant's own expense. The TEAS test must be taken within 18 months of application deadline. Can only be taken 3 times 30 days apart during the application year. If you submit test scores taken at any other time the score will not be accepted.
- Must be 18 years of age at the start of the program
Students who are accepted into the program must:
- attend a Health Science orientation session.
- be aware that, in addition to the regular college fees, Radiologic Technology students will incur expenses for such items as uniforms, books, supplies, liability insurance, accident insurance, background check, Hepatitis B vaccination series, national and state certification examination fees, and registry review seminars. Fees are not limited to these listed.
- be responsible for their own transportation to the college campus and clinical agencies.
Female applicants are encouraged to read the pregnancy policy.