Main Content Section
Application & Procedure
Applicants must have the following documents on file in the Health Sciences office by April 1st to be considered for admission to the Radiologic Technology Program:
- MDCC application for admission or readmission
- MDCC application to the Radiologic Technology Program
- An official high school transcript from an approved high school or high school equivalency test score (GED or HiSET), if not previously enrolled in college
- An official college transcript from all colleges previously and presently attending
- ACT score
- Entrance test score
- Personal/work reference form
Students are encouraged to submit all parts of the application well in advance of the deadline.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed for admission. When the application is available, the link located below will be active.
No applicant will be considered unless the minimum admission requirements are met. Admission requirements are evaluated by the use of a rating scale which includes ACT scores, GPA, entrance test scores, performance on core courses, and applicable previous degrees earned. All applicants are considered on a competitive basis. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program. The number of applicants accepted is limited due to the nature of the program. Applicants will be notified by letter of their conditional acceptance or non-acceptance to the program. The conditional acceptance letter will include specific instructions regarding all requirements that must be completed prior to August admission. These requirements are listed below:
- completion of Anatomy & Physiology I (BIO 2513/2511) and Anatomy & Physiology II (BIO 2523/2521) with a grade of “C” or better during the summer session or regular session prior to admission to the RT program
- completion of Fundamentals of Radiology (RGT 1213) with a grade of “C” or better during the summer session or regular session prior to admission to the RT Program
- satisfactory completion of Healthcare Providers CPR taught during the summer
- satisfactory completion of Math (MAT 1102) during the summer, based on entrance test score
- satisfactory background check (see Policy on Admission to Health Science Program)
- health evaluation form completed by a physician or nurse practitioner
- proof of current immunizations including, but not limited to Hepatitis-B vaccination series, Tdap booster, and TB skin test
- acceptable pre-admission drug screen
- attendance in pre-admission orientation
To view the Rating Scale for Radiology applicants, please click here.